We are currently looking for “IT Windows Application Engineer" to strengthen our different teams working on projects within the Private Sector (Industry, Banking, Utilities and Pharmaceutical) and Public Sector (European Institutions, Ministry of finance, Interior Ministry,…).
- You are a technically oriented person, with extended experience with the Windows server environments, and the components and technologies generally supporting Windows-based applications.
- You will use your skills on a daily basis to:
- Manage incidents on production-running software : determine the causes, escalate to proper teams, follow-up and close tickets in the agreed timeframe.
- Troubleshoot Windows-based distributed solutions, coordinate with network and infrastructure teams to re-establish the functionality or provide a workaround
- Coordinate with the team on a regular basis, in 2-week sprints, on which pieces of work (user stories) can be delivered by each team member, and in quarterly planning sessions, on which bigger pieces of functionalities (features) can be delivered by the team
- Coordinate with the team and other IT departments in order to get a solution packaged, tested and deployed, first in non-production environments (Development, Test, Quality Assurance), then in production, in a predictable way and without disrupting the business (our customer). Plan, initiate and follow-up the necessary requests to infrastructure teams to ensure the delivery of end-to-end solutions in a timely fashion.
- Fully comply with IT processes for demanding, testing, deploying software, as well as IT best practices and methodologies. Make sure the artifacts and evidences required in each process are provided, and enforce the team strategy, including due focus on risk management and banking compliance.
- Be the main or backup “owner” of a set of applications, meaning you are the main contact point for that application lifecycle; though the Agile teamwork remains the rule and tasks can be shared freely between team members according to various constraints
- Look out-of-the-box for solutions, and develop (or coordinate development) of integration layers necessary to allow third-party software to be deployed in our environments.
- Manage testing activities and promote DevOps practices, pushing for continuous improvement in documenting, simplifying or automating activities.
Essential IT knowledge
- SQL Server (SSMS & T-SQL)
- IIS / Tomcat
- Package installation & distribution / Kitting & packaging for Windows
- System integration & System Testing
- Network architecture (firewalls, proxies, dns aliases, segmentation …)
- File Servers / NAS / SAN / File Transfers / Message Queues
- Job Scheduling / Windows Scheduled Tasks / Ctrl-M
- Windows 7/10 & MS Office
- Virtualisation / Citrix
- Access Control & Windows Security / Single-Sign-On
- Windows Batch scripting (cmd; powershell)
- technical documentation
- basic IT Architecture
- HTML / XML
Essential knowledge, skills and abilities
- You must have the "Agile mindset" which implies:
- a positive attitude and pragmatism
- thirst for knowledge: Agile is about learning and adapting. Knowledge sharing is key to success.
- The goal of team success: Agile is about the success of the team, no individual success or heroic behavior. It is more important for the team to succeed than for the individual to have completed his/her tasks.
- There is no failure, only feedback: Agile is about taking everything as lessons, adjusting actions based on the feedback, resulting in continuous improvement
“Nice to have”-knowledge, skills and abilities
- experience with Archibus package
- .NET development
- Test Automation
- Java development
- API Architecture
- Jenkins & continuous build and delivery
- Unix shell scripting
- Oracle (PL/SQL & SQL Developer)
We offer the opportunity to work in a fast growing and dynamic team on challenging national and international projects in different industries. We also offer the opportunity to deepen continuously your knowledge and to develop further your personal competencies.